How to recover permanently deleted messages on Facebook messenger
Check out the ways to recover deleted messages on Facebook messenger:
In today’s world, Facebook Messenger is among the most important applications on smartphones so as to stay connected to the social world. There are times when the messages are deleted intentionally but in some cases, messages are accidentally deleted.
How to Recover Facebook Deleted Messages:
Sometimes losing out the important messages from Facebook becomes frustrating. With a little effort, the deleted Facebook messages can be recovered. There are different ways to recover deleted Facebook messages, as mentioned below:
Method 1: Looking in another location:
- Initially, the user is required to have a clarity about messages and conversations.
- The user is required to open the Facebook messenger app.
- In order to recover the deleted messages, the user needs to ensure that the conversation is actually deleted.
- The user can ask the recipients if they have a copy of the conversation.
- Then, archived threads are checked in the settings option.
- Further, the user can check the conversations in the email.
- In the email, the trash folder can be checked.
Method 2: Backing up messages to email:
- The Facebook website is browsed on the internet.
- By signing-in, the menu icon in the top-right corner is clicked.
- Then, Settings is clicked in the drop-down menu and it will open the page of Settings.
- From the left pane, Notifications are clicked.
- After that, email is clicked.
- Further, the backup of messages is enabled.
Method 3: Downloading messages on computer:
- The initial step is to browse the Facebook website on the internet.
- The credentials are entered to sign-in to the Facebook account.
- Once logged in, the user is required to click the Menu icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- By clicking the menu icon, a drop-down is prompted.
- The option of Settings is selected from the list of options.
- In the next step, the user is required to click the General tab among the available options.
- Further, the button of download your information is clicked. It could be found under the General page of Settings.
- Then, the Deselect all button is clicked in the bottom-right of the page.
- After that, the page is scrolled down to Messages and the box against it is then checked.
- The page is then scrolled up to create the file.
- The next step is to open the email linked with the Facebook account and wait for the email.
- Then, the downloaded email is opened and download your information button is clicked.
- By entering the password, the file is downloaded.
- The zip folder is then extracted and Facebook conversations can be browsed.
Any of these methods can be used to recover deleted Facebook messages.
For any help related to issues and queries of Facebook, the support department can be contacted. The details can be found on the official website of Facebook.